Dryer Balls: They cut static, reduce drying time, help soften clothes, help prevent wrinkling, are eco-friendly, chemical-free, and cheap! Are you disappointed though when your laundry doesn’t come out smelling like the oils you dripped all over your dryer balls?
Here are some dryer ball/essential oil tips:
- Don’t add essential oils to your dryer balls until the cooling cycle or the clothes are just slightly damp. (set a timer to remind yourself)
- Drop your essential oils on a cloth/rag and throw it in the dryer during the cooling cycle to give your clothes a fresh scent.
- Make up a “Dryer Ball Bomb” – Take an empty 5ml EO bottle and add 30 drops of Lemon and 30 drops of Lavender. (or any combo from recipes below) Gently swirl bottle to mix. Add 4 drops of your “Bomb” to each dryer ball and throw them in the dryer during the cooling cycle.
- Make a Laundry Freshening Spray. In a 4 ounce glass spray bottle add 1 tsp. of witch hazel, 30-40 drops of desired essential oils and fill the rest with distilled water. Shake and spray on dryer balls, a cloth, or on clothes during the cooling cycle.
- Use 4-6 dryer balls for maximum benefit.
- Each essential oil application will last 2-4 loads but it depends on how strong you want the scent to be. Apply oils as often as desired.
- Throw your dryer balls in the washing machine with other clothes if you want to wash out the scent.
Dryer Ball “Bomb” Combos:
- 15 drops Lavender, 15 drops Wintergreen, 15 drops Idaho Grand Fir, 15 drops Lemon
- 30 drops Stress Away, 30 drops Peppermint
- 30 drops Joy, 30 drops Orange
- 30 drops Eucalyptus, 30 drops Lavender
- 30 drops Grapefruit, 30 drops Lemon
- 30 drops Bergamot, 30 drops Lavender
- 30 drops Citrus Fresh, 30 drops Joy
Experiment and have fun making up your own combos! Tell me what you come up with. I’d love to hear about it!