I know I’m not alone when I say that sometimes I wonder about my own mental capacity. How is it possible to set off to go grab something in another room, only to get there and for the life of you can’t figure out why you came in there in the first place? I’m embarrassed to admit that there have been times when I haven’t even had to leave the room for this to happen. I could be making dinner, need to grab an ingredient, walk into the pantry and think, “why did I just walk 5 steps in here to get?”
With a To Do list a mile long and car-pooling kiddos all over town it’s a wonder we can even remember to eat or go to the bathroom. For some of you I know this isn’t stretching the truth. We all have a lot going on and I wonder if we are “busy-ing” ourselves to complete and utter exhaustion…to the point where our brains are too tired to work.
It goes without saying that we could all use more sleep, better nutrition, and even a snip snip to our daily must-dos. But, are there some other ways to help our brains function properly when we are driving an SUV-load of kiddos to dance, soccer or gymnastics? I certainly believe so!
1. Get your Omega-3 Fatty Acids! Young Living’s OmegaGize and MindWise offer support for normal brain function.
2. Get your daily shot of NingXia Red! This amazing “Ninja Juice” is a powerful super fruit supplement designed to energize, fortify, and revitalize the body and mind.
3. Get your “Brain Gang” of essential oils: Lemon, Rosemary, Cypress, Cedarwood, and Basil. Young Living also has blends that can help with concentration and focus: Brain Power, Clarity, Highest Potential, Common Sense, and Awaken. Diffuse these oils in your home or simply place a drop of your desired oil in the palm of your hand, rub hands together and cup over nose and mouth breathing deeply.
4. Anyone who knows my EO story knows that Progessence Plus and EndoFlex are a part of my DAILY (morning and night) ritual. My husband actually encourages me to have a few on hand in case it ever temporarily goes out-of-stock. For my own sanity and the sanity of my family these endocrine system supporting oils help me all month long. #lifesavingoils
5. Steal some time away for YOU!! Seriously, take a few quiet moments to close your eyes, breath, reflect, pray, journal or get a cat nap. This is a good practice to get you refocused and centered. If this seems highly unrealistic to you then you are TOO dang busy for your own good.
4 drops Cedarwood
3 drops Lime
2 drops Cypress
3 drops Grapefruit
3 drops Lime
2 drops Peppermint
1 drop Black Pepper
5 drops Eucalyptus
3 drops Peppermint
3 drops Basil
“Squirrel!” Blend Roll-On
15 drops Lemon
2 drops Rosemary
5 drops Basil
Fill a clean and empty EO bottle two thirds of the way with fractionated coconut oil. Add essentials oils and apply a roller fitment top. Apply to wrists or behind ears.