When I lived in AZ, I had the opportunity to visit an amazing spa with some girlfriends. What I noticed more than anything else was how the place smelled. The moment I walked through the doors, I was greeted with a wave of Lavender and Eucalyptus. Instantly I felt the tension melt from my body. Whenever I think “spa”, I think of that amazing getaway.
With the world in turmoil right now, I am trying to find ways to create an atmosphere of peace and joy in my home. The bathroom is a great place to start. Turn your bathroom from dull and boring to a tranquil space with these 11 easy tips!
1. Spa Spray: 8-ounce glass spray bottle, 3 ounces Thayers Witch Hazel (I love the cucumber one), 3 ounces distilled water, 15 drops Lavender, 15 drops Eucalyptus. Shake and spray! * Spray bathroom rugs, mats, shower door or shower curtain and towels before getting in the shower or bath.
2. Add live plants to your bathroom. Place several lava stones/beads on top of the soil. Add drops of your favorite EO to the stones. This will not only help repel bugs but will give off a nice fragrance.
3. Add river rocks to your sink. Find stones that appeal to you like. You could use polished river rocks, black rocks, decorative rocks with words or sayings on them, or gemstones. Add a couple drops of essential oil or spa spray to the rocks in between uses. Clean rocks once a week by filling your sink with water and Thieves Household Cleaner or Thieves Fruit and Veggie Soak and give them a good scrub with a brush or scrubby.
4. Loofah and Sponges can be used as shower diffusers. Place drops of essential oil or spray these “diffusers” with Spa Spray and hang in shower. You can also fill a tea infuser with Himalayan salt and essential oils and hang in shower.
5. Bring your diffuser into the bathroom. I do this on cleaning day but you can also turn on your diffuser before hopping in the shower or while getting ready for work. Use oils that make you feel refreshed and happy.
6. Bath Salts. Have cute glass containers filled with an assortment of bath salts. Simply mix Epsom salt, Himalayan Salt and essential oils together and store in a glass container with a tight-fitting lid. Use a wooden scoop or spoon to sprinkle into your warm bath.
7. Create a Daily Shower Cleaner to ensure a fresh smelling bathroom. 16-ounce glass spray bottle, 1 3/4 cups distilled water, 1/2 tsp. Thieves Household Cleaner, 1/2 tsp. Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap (Or Sal Suds), and 20 drops Purification, Citrus Fresh, or Thieves essential oil. Pour ingredients in the spray bottle, shake and spray shower walls, door, and floor.
8. Reed Diffuser. Find a pretty glass vase and fill halfway with olive oil and desired amount of essential oil. Place several wooden or bamboo skewers in the liquid. Flip skewers daily to release scent.
9. Fresh Flowers. I love having fresh flowers in my home. It makes me happy! Add a little luxury and joy to your bathroom with fresh cut flowers. Fill the vase with water, a drop of Purification and mix well before adding cut flowers. The Purification will help your flowers stay fresh longer.
10. Hang real eucalyptus in your shower. Every time you shower the steam will help release the invigorating scent.
Bonus Tip: Put a drop of Peppermint oil in 1/4 tsp. of Thieves Household Cleaner and pour it in your toilet tank. Flush. Allow the cleaner and oil to sit in the toilet bowl until you need to use it again.